Registration & Welfare

Donate Online
Donate By Post

Registration and Welfare

While it is not compulsory to register your sight loss, it is advisable as it can greatly assist with proving your entitlement to concessions and benefits.

You will need to be referred to a consultant ophthalmologist (a doctor who specialises in treating eye conditions) to be assessed and issued with a Certificate of Vision Impairment registering you as sight impaired or severely sight impaired (formerly partially sighted or blind). A copy of the form will be sent to your local social services who should contact you and assess what help and advice you may need.

Find out more about registering vision impairment.


Benefits and Concessions

The RNIB website has lots of information on concessions and benefits available to individuals registered as blind or partially sighted and their families.